Contribution Terms of Service
Terms and Conditions
Esencial Colorado Archive (referred to hereafter as the "Archive") aims to provide a sustainable, autonomous means for Colorado Agricultural Workers, their families, and advocates to share their experiences regarding the fight for rights, respect, and visibility in Colorado.
By submitting your contribution, you grant a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to the Archive to preserve and make your work accessible via the Archive's website. This permission includes the right to modify your material to conform to the goals of the Archive, to reformat it as necessary to preserve its perceptibility and usefulness, and to make it available for educational, research, promotional purposes outside of the project, in perpetuity and in all media formats. This license does not authorize exploitation of your contribution for profit or commercial use.
In granting this permission, you warrant that you are 18 years of age or older and have the full power and authority to consent to this agreement, that your submission does not infringe any existing copyright or contain any libelous matter, nor invade any third-party rights of privacy or publicity. If your submission does contain libelous or slanderous matter, you understand that you may be subject to legal action. You further agree to defend and hold harmless the Archive, its hosted website, its volunteer members, and ancillary groups and their employees against all claims, demands, costs, and expenses including attorney's fees incurred for any and all claims of copyright infringement or any other legal or regulatory course of action arising from the use of your material.
Material you submit must have been created by you, wholly original, and shall not be copied from or based upon any other photographic, literary, or other material, except to the extent that such material is in the public domain, or you have permission of the copyright owner, or its use is allowed by "Fair Use" as prescribed by the terms of United States copyright law (cf. Title 17 of the U.S. Code).
The Archive has no obligation to use or publish your contribution. You retain ownership of and copyright in the material you share.
Third Party use
Your submission to the Archive is covered by a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial 4.0 International Public License and can be used, shared, and adapted under the following three terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. (Each story item will have a suggested citation.)
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
Project Protect Food System Workers does not hold copyright to the material in the Esencial Colorado archive. As such, the Project Protect Food System Workers and its project partners are not positioned to grant permission to or “approve” requests from third parties to make use of content in the collection.
Contributions and Approval Criteria
- Content is related to the fight for rights, respect, and visibility of and by agricultural workers in Colorado, as submitted by workers, their families, or advocates.
- Metadata submitted is deemed to be accurate by the administrator.
- File size of contributed content does not exceed 250MB.
- Users have the right to submit content and submission does not infringe any existing copyright.
- Content does not provide personal information of the contributor or any other individual, including addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Content does not endorse any commercial product.
- Content does not pose a risk of damage to the network, computers, or servers of the Project Protect Food System Workers or its project partners.